- Instant Document Delivery via Email.
- Add your logo easily.
- Add or delete information to any SWMS template.
- Customisation instructions provided.
- Complies with Australian & New Zealand legislation.
- Edit documents on the go with Microsoft Office Mobile App
- Only pay once (no subscriptions required).
Non-friable asbestos means material containing asbestos that is not friable asbestos, including material containing asbestos fibres reinforced with a bonding compound. Common examples: cement sheeting, ceiling tiles, vinyl tiles.
Friable asbestos means material that is in a powder form or that can be crumbled, pulverised or reduced to a powder by hand pressure when dry, and contains asbestos. Examples include: pipe lagging, limpet and fire door cores. (Codes of Practice: Safe Work Australia (2011): How to safely remove asbestos.)
- Asbestos disturbance
- Provide Training & Information to Workers on Asbestos Containing Material (ACM)
- Prepare Asbestos Removal Control Plan
- Arrival On-site & assess onsite conditions
- Work Area Set-up
- Bubble Enclosure
- Mini Enclosure
- Manual Tasks
- Enter Contaminated Area/Removal Site (PPE)
- Asbestos Removal
- Removal of Asbestos Cement Sheeting
- Removal of Floor Tiles Containing Asbestos
- Removal of Bituminous Products (i.e. roofing felt or roll roofing products)
- Removal of Ceiling Tiles Containing Asbestos
- Removal of Lagging on Pipework/Plant Containing Asbestos
- Working with Powered & Non-powered Tools on Asbestos
- Collection & Disposing of Asbestos Waste
- Exiting Contaminated Area/Removal Site
- Emergency Response
- Document Sample
Asbestos (Licensed Removal) SWMS | Safe Work Method Statement
This Asbestos (Licensed Removal) Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) covers hazards and controls when working with and removing friable or non-friable asbestos greater than 10m2 in area (licence required).
This SWMS covers High-Risk Construction Work (HRCW) controls related to:
Additional controls are included for Electrical Equipment, Slips, Trips & Falls, Hazardous Substances, Hazardous Manual Tasks, Outdoor Work & Environmental Considerations.
Job Steps Covered in Asbestos (Licensed Removal) SWMS:
(includes potential hazards & control measures).
Asbestos (Licensed Removal) SWMS Includes
Risk Assessment Matrix | Hierarchy of Controls | PPE Requirements | Emergency Response
Instant Document Delivery via Email
FREE Current OHS Legislation & Codes of Practice Reference List (Value $9.95)
Ready to Use Asbestos (Licensed Removal) Safe Work Method Statement
Save time with our content-rich, fully editable Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS).
Simply add your company details and read the document to ensure all details are relevant to your business.
Check for any additional hazards not already covered and make amendments to your SWMS as necessary.
Your Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS) is then ready for use and as a point of reference at OHS Toolbox Talk meetings.
Edit your SWMS on the go with the Microsoft Office Mobile App
We're here to help if you need us!
Call 1300 306 604 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday | Email: email@example.com